Connect with us

Naija news

BREAKING NEWS-ISIS Claims It Killed 118 Persons After Horror Attack On Soldiers

Published

on

BREAKING NEWS-ISIS Claims It Killed 118 Persons After Horror Attack On Soldiers

BREAKING NEWS-ISIS Claims It Killed 118 Persons After Horror Attack On Soldiers

BREAKING NEWS-ISIS Claims It Killed 118 Persons After Horror Attack On Soldiers
Islamic State claimed responsibility for five attacks in an area it calls the “State of West Africa” that it said resulted in 118 casualties in the past week, according to a video posted on its account on the messaging website Telegram late on Thursday.

The militant group, which typically uses the “State of West Africa” to refer to Nigeria, made the claim in a video presentation of attacks it says it carried out between Nov. 16 and 22. It did not specify the number of people killed in the attacks, referring only to 118 casualties.

Five security sources told Reuters more than 100 soldiers had been killed in attacks in Nigeria in recent days, one of the highest death tolls since President Muhammadu Buhari came to power in 2015. It could raise pressure on him ahead of an election in February since he has claimed victory over the nine-year insurgency.

BREAKING NEWS-ISIS Claims It Killed 118 Persons After Horror Attack On Soldiers

Nigerian soldiers hold up a Boko Haram flag that they had seized in the recently retaken town of Damasak, Nigeria, March 18, 2015. Chadian and Nigerien soldiers took the town from Boko Haram militants earlier this week. The Nigerian army said on Tuesday it had repelled Boko Haram from all but three local government districts in the northeast, claiming victory for its offensive against the Islamist insurgents less than two weeks before a presidential election. Picture taken March 18. REUTERS/Emmanuel Braun – RTR4TZO2

The sources said the insurgents attacked a military base in the village of Metele in northeastern Borno state, the epicenter of a revolt by Boko Haram and splinter group Islamic State in West Africa.

Islamic State, in a statement released on Monday, said it attacked an army base on Sunday in Metele and killed at least 40 Nigerian soldiers. The group said it burned down the base after the attack finished.

READ ALSO : PRESIDENT BUHARI FINALLY BREAKS SILENCE ON THE MASSACRE OF SOLDIERS
A Nigerian presidency spokesman on Thursday said the military would issue a statement and military spokesmen did not respond to requests for comment. The government and military often decline to acknowledge the scale of losses in the northeast.

Share this post with your Friends on

ODOGWU CARTEL WHO IS A PHILOSOPHER, A COOL HEADED BLOGGER WHO LOVES KEEPING PEOPLE ADDICTED TO THE LATEST TRENDING VIBES HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD. A TV PERSONALITY, A&R, PR/MEDIA CONSULTANT, SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICT. IT'S SURE SAFE TO SAY HE IS 100% MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT EXPERT AND HAS NO DOUBT DESCRIBE HIS PERSON IN TOTALITY.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MUSIC

VIDEOS

NEWS

ENTERTAINMENT VIBES

SPORTS

POLITICS

HEALTH

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE

TRENDING UPDATE